Saturday, January 10, 2009

Safeway Tuscan Tomato Basil Soup

...is the most fucking delicious substance on this earth. If you don't live near a Safeway I don't know what to tell you. You may as well pack it in bub, cos your life is shit.

It's got little chunks in it w/ tiny bits of basil (when I'm alone I pronounce it "bass-ill" like a limey, instead of the more nasally, annoying "bays-ill") and it's the perfect creamy combo of tomatoes, spices and loveliness.

Safeway usually has it hot'n'ready to go, but it also comes in the lil 24 oz. tubs. I know I could eat an entire one of those on my own. Matter of fact, I have no doubt that if I had to, I could subsist entirely on this soup. It's better than any soup I've ever had anywhere; homeade, canned or restaraunt.

Here's an amazing, revelatory cellphone shot of my empty tupperware bowl of Tuscan Tomato Basil Soup that I just finished demolishing. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Corianne said...

Ha ha ha!! You haven't updated in ages, and we get a soliloquy to soup?

Tim Jessup said...

You should fill your tub with it, get in and eat your way out.

Gracehoper said...

I tired it last week for the first time and it is AMAZING! Then I looked for the nutritional facts and found it is 76% fat. They must use cream to make it which is why it is so yummy.

Melissa said...

Found this when I was looking for the recipe on how to recreate this soup if I ever move away from Safeways! It made me laugh outloud - great post!